Monoweld boasts a zinc kettle measuring an impressive 15.3m long by 3.5m deep, by 2m wide - which makes this the biggest galvanizing kettle in the Southern Hemisphere. This world class German-manufactured kettle from Pillings is complemented by a state-of-the-art, gas fired furnace system which should see the company reduce its dependence on electricity and working greener to reduce its carbon footprint.
Monoweld, although heavily focussed on customers’ needs, is also concerned with the impact that the galvanizing plant has on the environment and the health and well-being of its workers. To this end, the new plant has been designed to reduce emissions and subsequently its carbon footprint, with the potential to be emission-free in the final stages of upgrading
Monoweld Galvanizers is ISO 14001 & SANS 121 accredited.
The benefits offered to clients from the overall site facility include:
- Total flexibility.
- Throughput processing capability, especially on large contracts and projects, which results in faster delivery to site.
- Design and fabrication constraints on large and bulky products are significantly reduced.
- Enables the hot dip galvanizing of certain products which previously had to be painted.
- The Line 1 kettle eliminates the need for double-dipping on fabricated items between 2.3m and 3.4m in height, resulting in better quality finishes at a lower cost.
- Consistent good quality.
Monoweld Galvanizers is well equipped to handle any large project where speed of throughput is a critical requirement. There is an abundance of space for loading, post galvanizing inspection and warehousing, with eight loading bays and in excess of 12 000m² of warehouse area. The facility is served by 30 overhead cranes and 5 forklifts.
Value Adding Services
- Technical assistance on corrosion protection and correct fabrication for hot dip galvanizing
- Post galvanizing back-up services
- Transport service for collection and delivery
- Lay-down areas for inspection and collation
- Despatching direct to site
- Shotblasting facility on site
- Mobile thermal zinc metal spraying units
- Subcontractor office space with data conversion capability
- Full data pack on completion of project
- Loading of Containers